The GVJCCA’s mandate includes:
• developing and maintaining a communication network with multicultural societies in Canada and internationally
• promoting the appreciation and study of the arts and culture of Japanese Canadians through the organization of community and cultural events
• educating the Canadian public about the history and cultural heritage of Japanese Canadians and the preservation of these values
• protecting and promoting the rights and freedoms of all individuals without any discriminatory practices
• and publishing a forum in the means of a journal for issues significant to its members, persons with Japanese ancestry and others of interest.